Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Making a Blog Header


While making my own blog header I decide to make a tutorial to help some of my blogger friends.


I've use picmonkey.com to make my blog header
Click on Design to get started

Make the background transparent

On the far left there is an icon of a butterfly for overlays.Start designing your header. When you right click the mouse there is an option to duplicate the overlay, this will make it easier to have a more symmetric icon. I've also found it easier to use the checker pattern on the transparent background to line things up.

After you are finished with the icon save to use in future logos or titles or what ever else you want to make consisted with you header

Make sure you save you file as a .PNG file so the background stays transparent

Refresher Picmonkey.com to start a new design. Change the background to transparent. Then go to the square at the top with the arrows on the left sidebar. and resize your canvas to 1000px by 400px, Thats the average size for a Blogger.com Header. Make sure to uncheck keep proportions to change the size of the canvas.

Choose the butterfly icon on the far left sidebar. then Choose "Your Own" Overlay. Right click to duplicate and flip it.

Add Text to your header 

And Save. Again make sure to save it in .PNG  to keep it transparent
I hope this helped you. 

2 comments:

  1. This post was really helpful !! I nominated you for the Liebster Award instructions are on my blog :) http://justleonie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just made a new header for my blog, if only I'd found this a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete